We look forward to partnering with you to help your client afford the lifesaving treatment offered at your hospital.
The Riedel and Cody Fund (RCF) is a non-profit organized to provide funding for owners who have a pet diagnosed with cancer and cannot afford to pay for the treatment. All grant requests are reviewed based on established criteria within our organization which includes personal/financial as well as medical considerations.
Your practice/hospital may have received a grant application notice which directed you here or you may have found out about us through one of our partners such as Waggle.
Below you will find information about our diagnosis and treatment requirements for pet guardians who apply online.
1. We do not fund for treatments or surgeries which have already occurred.
2. We do not pay for surgeries or procedures to determine if cancer is the diagnosis.
3. We require that the treating veterinarian discount their charges by at least 10% to ensure our grant will cover as much as possible.
4. Cancer diagnosis and treatments must be made by a board-certified veterinary oncologist in your practice.
5. If you receive or have been notified you may receive any other donations, grants or contributions for this client’s pet you must notify RCF of the amount.
Your practice is asked to send documentation for our Medical Reviewer to use in assessing whether the applicant meets our veterinary guidelines for care. Once this information is received, the applicant’s financial and veterinary information is reviewed by RCF board members.
Sending RCF Information for Your Client
If you receive an email requesting information for one of your clients, please follow the invitation link to the Waggle/RCF signup page. You will then be guided through a few quick and simple steps.
If you have not received an invite but wish to register your hospital as a Waggle/RCF veterinary partner, you can join our community here.
If Your Client is Approved for Funding
If your client is approved for funding, you will be notified via email of the grant amount (not to exceed $5,000 although the client may raise additonal funds on Waggle).
Waggle’s team of professional writers then creates the pet's story using information submitted and posts it at Waggle.org. Simple and easy to use tools and templates help award recipients maximize funds raised by telling their story in a compelling and effective way.
RCF will provide direction to your accounts receivable department to receive funding. That's it!
Grant applications will resume Fall 2019. Please check back.